built on the legacy of the generations that came before us.
Learn More About Our Family Business
Meet Our Family Meet Our Team Frequently Asked Questions
A Message From Paula Tocker, Our CEO
Welcome to H&R Fabrics!
After World War II, my grandfather, Howard, recognized Phoenix as a city with the potential to grow from a sleepy desert community to a bustling major metropolis.
In 1965, he, my father, Verne Tocker, and my uncle, Ken Tocker, opened H&R Sales as a small fabric and supply warehouse dedicated to serving the design industry.
As a child I spent many a Saturday at H&R Fabrics, sweeping the floor, tidying up the fabrics, packing buttons, and doing other odd jobs. I literally grew up in our business.
Over the years, I have had a front row seat watching my grandfather’s dream come to fruition. We have grown to over 15 times our original size, just as Phoenix has grown to be the 5th largest city in the nation.
I am the current steward of my family’s legacy, rebranded as H&R Fabrics – a 20,000 square foot stocking warehouse of upholstery and home decorating fabrics, trims, and supplies.
I would like to personally welcome you to visit H&R Fabrics and experience everything we have to offer you, our valued customers.
Customer Service Bill of Rights
We are committed to excellent customer service on every transaction. It’s a lofty goal our entire team works to create.
- Every customer receives the same level of service. We treat everyone the same, no matter the size of your purchase.
- We always recommend the best products, even if we don’t sell them. We’d rather you buy from another vendor than sell you less than the best.
- We recognize our employees. We never take the efforts of our staff for granted and reward them for delivering excellent customer service.
- We share customer feedback. We always want to hear your feedback about how we are doing. If you are not satisfied, we will do our best to make it right.
- It starts with management. We walk our talk by treating our employees the same way we want them to treat you.
Get The H&R Fabrics Experience
Every member of our team dedicates themselves to deliver more than quality products at a good value. We provide you with a unique experience that sets us apart from other vendors.
- You can count on us to always listen to your needs to understand your project. Our team members care about your project’s success.
- We help you source your project resources, even if that means we send you to a different vendor. We want you to have the right materials, not just something we can deliver.
- We’ve been providing fabrics, trims, supplies and tools for over 50 years right here in Phoenix. We operate with integrity and have built a reputation that stands the test of time.
- We train our staff about our products and your projects so they can help you make smart decisions that make your projects even more successful.
- Behind the scenes, we aggressively work with our vendors to make sure we stock a wide variety of on trend and classic products at a great value.
Want to keep up with the latest news from H&R Fabrics? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to learn about new products, trade and industry events, and current promotions. We even offer occasional subscriber only specials!
What We Offer
- When you visit H&R Fabrics, you can count on finding the latest fashion-forward fabrics and trims. We shop different trade shows from all over the world to bring the best of the best to our store.
- Our trained professional sales staff understand your business and your challenges. They can help you problem solve any type of client project obstacle.
- Our warehouse contains a wide range of products at different price points. In fact, you will find things here that you won’t find in retail fabric establishments.
- We work with a large number of suppliers so we can usually special order that one thing you need to make your project really sing.
- Our suppliers make frequent deliveries so we get new stock all the time and special orders arrive quickly.
- We know your business relies on your tools. That’s why we offer tool repair and scissor sharpening services.
- We participate in the Arizona design community at several levels. You are likely to see me or one of my staff attending events sponsored by IFDA, ASID, IIDA, NEWH and others.
- We offer open accounts with terms for our qualified customers. Ask us to learn more about this option.
What We Don’t Offer
- We can’t be all things to all people. That’s why we focus our business to the trade and industry professionals.
- We keep non-retail hours. If you want to shop with us, you need to come during the day because we don’t work evenings and have limited weekend hours.
- We don’t offer fabrication services. We stick with what we do best, and we don’t compete with our customers.
- We prefer not to calculate yardage for custom projects. We can give you estimates, but your fabricator is the only person who should tell you how much to buy.
- We don’t offer interior design services. Our staff will always help you with your fabric, trim, and product selection, but they can’t give you design advice.
- We don’t have a fancy computer system. So you need to remember what you bought from us because we are unable look it up for you later.
- We don’t have our entire inventory computerized. We visually check to see what we have on hand. But checking visually means we find delightful surprises sitting on our shelves, too.
And when you come in to make a purchase, we honor Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Please leave your American Express card at home (we don’t take it).
We take great pride in doing our jobs well. But don’t take our word for it. Listen to what our customers say about their H&R Fabrics experience.